World Hypertension Day
In 2005, the World Hypertension League, with the support of WHO, dedicated every second Saturday in May as World Hypertension Day.
Astrapharm, as a national manufacturer of antihypertensive drugs, seeks to remind about what hypertension is, its complications and what precautionary measures should be taken to prevent this common disease.
Hypertension is a condition in which the blood vessels have persistently raised pressure. It is defined as systolic blood pressure (SBP) of 140 mm Hg or more, or diastolic blood pressure (DBP) of 90 mm Hg or more.
Without proper treatment, this condition may lead to serious complications, which are included in the list of the most common causes of premature death: myocardial infarction, stroke, heart or kidney failure, visual impairment, and other complications.
To prevent the development of hypertension, follow these simple rules of a healthy lifestyle:
- Maintain a healthy body weight;
- Quit smoking;
- Limit alcohol consumption;
- Be physically active;
- Improve your eating habits: get more foods high in calcium, potassium, magnesium and dietary fiber, limit intake of foods containing saturated fat, added salt or sugars;
- Avoid stressfully
If hypertension nevertheless occurs, in addition to lifestyle changes, you should regularly monitor your blood pressure and take medications prescribed by a doctor every day.
The line of antihypertensive drugs made by Astrapharm includes:
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors: Lisinopril-Astrapharm, Enalapril-Astrapharm, Captopril;
- Calcium channel blockers: Amplodipine-Astrapharm;
- Diuretics: Indapamide-Astrapharm;
- Beta-blockers: Bisoprolol-Astrapharm, Atenolol-Astrapharm
Astrapharm – the art of helping people!