AstraCe – active action mucolytic for coughing
A cough is a defense reaction of the body that clears the airways from everything that interferes with normal breathing: mucus, dust, food particles. It is also the main symptom of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a condition of persistent airway restriction that is not completely reversible.
Today, on World COPD Day, Astrapharm strives to remind once again that this disease can be prevented and treated!
- quit smoking, a leading risk factor for COPD;
- follow a healthy lifestyle: be physically active and eat a balanced diet;
- avoid contact with polluted air;
- get vaccinated against influenza and pneumococcal infections in a timely manner.
If the disease has already occurred, bronchodilator and mucolytic therapy for COPD will help control its course and live a full life. For this purpose, Astrapharm launches a mucolytic, expectorant agent, AstraCe, on the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market.
The active ingredient of the drug is acetylcysteine, a derivative of the amino acid cysteine, which exhibits:
- powerful mucolytic effect – breaks the disulfide bonds of acidic mucopolysaccharides of phlegm, which makes it less viscous and promotes excretion when coughing;
- local anti-inflammatory action – inhibits the synthesis of inflammatory mediators;
- anti-infectious effect – enhances the therapeutic effect of antibiotics and destroys massive accumulations of bacteria in the lungs.
With COPD, a course of treatment with AstraTs is possible for up to six months.
AstraCe is available in the form of a 3 g sachet containing 200 mg of acetylcysteine.
The drug is dispensed without a prescription.
Astrapharm is the art of helping people!