Composition 1 tablets:
- active substance: levofloxacin;
- 1 tablet contains levofloxacin 250 mg or 500 mg;
- excipients: crospovidone, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium stearyl fumarate, talc, SeleCoatTM coating (hypromellose, polyethylene glycol 6000, titanium dioxide (E 171)).
Dosage form. Film-coated tablets.
Basic physical and chemical properties: white coated tablets with a biconvex surface.
7 tablets in a blister; 1 or 2 blisters in a box.
Antibacterial agents for systemic use. Fluoroquinolones.
Infections caused by microorganisms sensitive to the drug:
– acute sinusitis;
– exacerbation of chronic bronchitis;
– community-acquired pneumonia;
– complicated infections of the skin and soft tissues;
– complicated and uncomplicated urinary tract infections (including pyelonephritis);
– chronic bacterial prostatitis.
Hypersensitivity to levofloxacin, other fluoroquinolones, or any ingredient in the drug. Epilepsy. Tendon damage associated with the use of fluoroquinolones.
The drug should be taken 1-2 times a day. The dose depends on the type and severity of the infection. The duration of treatment depends on the course of the disease and is no more than 14 days. It is recommended to continue treatment for at least 48-72 hours after normalization of body temperature or confirmed by microbiological tests of the destruction of pathogens.
Swallow the tablets without chewing, drink plenty of liquid. Apply with or without food.
The tablets are not meant to be divided. If it is necessary to obtain a lower dose, it is necessary to use levofloxacin in a different dosage form.
Dosing for patients with impaired liver function. No dose adjustment is necessary, since levofloxacin is metabolized to a small extent in the liver.
Dosing for elderly patients. If renal function is not impaired, there is no need for dose adjustment.
Children. The drug is not used for children, since damage to the articular cartilage is possible.